*Special Guest – Lui Rayon* Carving Demo Re-Cap
Lui Rayon, along with his son, joined us here at Wigert’s Bonsai and presented an informative and entertaining Carving Demonstration in our NEW outdoor pavillion space!
We were joined by Vendor, Vendor Samurai Tools US
, who was on site selling carving bits!
Feel free to click on their site
, and check out their carving bit collection!We also received feedback from some attendees, and we asked them what they learned:
REVIEWS fro Lui’s Carving Demo
Bruce’s Top take-away’s from the Demonstration:
- Always use sharp tools! Dull ones are dangerous.
- Respect the power tools! Never get over-confident, they will bite you badly
- Allow the tool to do the work! Don’t push it.
- Always try to find dead or hollow areas before carving.
- How to identify the live and dead veins.
- Carve with the veins not across them!
- The tools work better when they are plugged in!! LOL
Phil’s Top take-away’s from the Demonstration:
- Follow the grain for best results!
- Route out the big chunks and then return to refine the hollow trunk.
- It’s all about taper!!
Martha’s Review of the Demonstration:
Not only was Lui an entertaining speaker but immensely informative. I loved that he showed us the different size and use of tools. Even those of us who can no longer handle the large tools, there are bits for the dremel that do excellent work!