Instructor: Jason Osborne
Class Fee: $120
Our beginner class is a 2 part series.
Part 1: (average 4 hour class)
- History of Bonsai.
- Discussion of basic design principals.
- Lecture on basic bonsai styles and view examples of each.
- Bonsai Tools
- Styling your own tree :
You will select a pre bonsai tree and style, prune & wire it in class with the teachers
assistance. Bring that tree back for your 2nd class.
Part 2: (average 3 hour class)
- Pot Selection
- Bonsai Soil & Fertilizing
- Care & Maintenance
- Repotting Bonsai : Learn to “bare-root” repot your bonsai
Class fee is $120.00 and includes the following:
- Part 1 & Part 2 Class
- 1 pre bonsai plant $25 value
- 1 mica bonsai pot
- 1 textbook : Introduction to Bonsai
Available to students during class:
- Use of full Bonsai library.
- Use of classroom tools if needed.
- Bonsai wire for styling trees.
- Bonsai soil and fertilizer for repotting.
Class are offered every month. Contact us for dates & availability.
Please Sign up for classes. Limit 8 students per session. Deposit required.
You can also check our calendar for dates.